Before you read too far, please see this page...
Hot Little Therm is a digital thermometer which can be
connected to an RS-232 serial port of any computer.
Looks like this.
Hundreds of sensors on a single serial port!
Each Hot Little Therm device can support many temperature
probes. The first 15 can be addressed individually,
and the rest can be read all at once.
Up to 16 Hot Little Therm devices can coexist
on a single serial port. In all, you could have hundreds of distinct
temperature sensors for each serial port on your computer.
Chances are, you don't need that many. One sensor is provided
with each device and more can be ordered as your requirements
one example of what you can do with Hot Little Therm.
So, what do I do with a Hot Little Therm?
Gosh, they have many uses:
||Check out the outdoor temperature
... the Indoor temperature
... the Indoor and outdoor temperatures
||Get paged if your machine room is too hot|
||Keep track of the wine cellar|
||and the Hottub|
||Monitor that batch of beer fermenting|
||Find out if the cat is sitting on your toothbrush
(cat temperature = 102.5 F)
||That unique one-of-a-kind wedding present!|
- Temperature Range:
- Uses Dallas DS1820 or DS18S20 sensor chip.
- 15 (or more) per device, 16 devices per serial line.
- Plugs for 2 sensors directly on board (see
here to connect more).
- Data Connection:
- RS-232, 1200 baud, 8,N,1.
- DB9 or DB25 connector to computer.
- Main unit measures 3.5" x 2.25" x 1".
- Comes with 14-foot serial cable, 10-foot probe cable.
- Complies with FCC rules part 15 (Class B, for home or office use, US and Canada).
Comes with Software
- Read the therm device and output the temperature in C or F, in any format.
- Log the temperature to a file periodically.
- Graph of temperature history in window.
- Combine temperature plot with image (great for spy-cams).
- Serve temperature plot on the Web.
- Diagnostic code
Our software is primarily for Unix machines. The Windows and Macintosh
applications do not have all the same functionality.
Check it out, the latest version of everything is always Here
Hot Little Therm software is provided as an example of how
to write code to interface with the therm hardware.
This means: It works as-is and we use it, but it is free software and we make
the source code available, because we expect you will want
to modify it somewhat to fit your requirements.
Online Help is Available!
Reference Manual for Hot Little Therm
Frequently asked questions about Hot Little Therm
- And answers too are here.
Customer information links
Did you ever wonder
For more information...
Copyright © 1997-2000 Spiderplant. All Rights Reserved.